Safety is the most important service to residents to ensure their families are safe. Maintaining local control of a local police force has received strong support by 67% of voters.
Emergency response times, traffic calming and safe cycling have been the most prevalent of concerns.
My solutions to ensure the continued safety of PVE:
- Support Traffic Safety Committee to:
- Engage residents to gather traffic safety issues and priorities
- Propose and implement plan
- Monitor and report statistics monthly
- Scope includes Cycling, pedestrian, vehicle and roadwork safety issues
- Emergency Response Times
- Define, validate and publish monthly average response times
- Require City staff and police work together to investigate reports that place our residents in danger
- Utilize standard template contracts that any company doing roadway maintenance be compliant with safety standards or pay enforceable penalties.